S’more Rice Krispies Recipe
After hearing about these through the grapevine, I decided it was high time to whip up my own version. I feel pretty strongly about rice krispie treats, so here’s the deal. The recipe on the package is only ok. The ratio of rice krispie cereal to marshmallows is weak… so it’s imperative that we remedy that in this recipe. Also, I folded in some graham cracked dust and a handful of chocolate chips because, well, it seemed appropriate. Then to top it all off and really make things shine, I added an extra layer of marshmallows on top and gave them a few seconds under the blow torch. Voila.
Hands down the best S’more Rice Krispies on the planet.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 10 ounces mini marshmallows, plus an extra 2 cups, divided
- 1/4 cup pulverized graham crackers
- 5 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips
- Spray a 9×9 baking tin with non-stick baking spray and set aside.
- In a large heavy bottom pan, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Add the 10 ounces of mini marshmallows and stir to combine. Continue to stir until fully melted, and then add in the pulverized graham crackers and incorporate into the marshmallows.
- Add the rice krispie cereal and stir to combine. Once combined, transfer the mixture to the prepared baking sheet and sprinkle the mini chocolate chips on top. Cover the top with the additional marshmallows and let set for at least 30 minutes.
- Using a blow torch, or the broiled in your oven, torch the top of the final marshmallow layer for 15 second increments until the marshmallows are toasted. Cut and serve as needed.