Cris Carter, Fox Sports divorce over serious issue
Hall of Fame receiver Cris Carter is out at Fox Sports, the network announced Thursday morning.
Carter had been a panelist on FS1’s “First Things First,” a morning debate show that he co-hosted with Nick Wright and Jenna Wolfe.
While there have been reports that Carter was miffed about not being a part of Fox’s “Thursday Night Football” studio show, that is not the reason he was let go.
He may have been upset about not having a role on TNF, but sources said the matter at hand is more serious. The exact nature of the disagreement is unknown at this time. Carter could not be immediately reached for comment.
“Cris Carter is no longer with Fox Sports,” the network said. “There is no further comment at this time.”
The Big Lead was the first to note that Carter was not on the air since Oct. 30. Front Office Sports first mentioned Carter’s disdain over not being included in the pregame.
Former Giants lineman Chris Canty has been the primary replacement for Carter on the show. Carter, 53, previously worked at ESPN after starring for the Vikings.