Smith scored his first goal of the year and the second of his Club career in the 92nd minute to secure all three points for the Lions. The goal came off of a corner kick from the left side as the ball was whipped in from Alexandre Pato. Smith was positioned at the near post and able to get his head and send it into the far side of the net.
Goalkeeper Pedro Gallese picked up his sixth clean sheet of the MLS regular season with the 1-0 win. With the shutout, Gallese currently stands alone atop the Eastern Conference in clean sheets.
Head Coach Oscar Pareja:
“Congratulations to the players today in such an important match in a difficult place. With that personality and the collectiveness that we are pursuing in this project, we saw it today. Everybody participated in doing the job. I like the way they controlled the game the whole time against a young, good team. I think we imposed our freedoms and what we look for. We came here to win and the victory is ours and we are very pleased and happy.”
90+2’ Kyle Smith (Alexandre Pato) – ORL 1, TOR 0
The Lions found the back of the net late off a corner from Alexandre Pato delivered in from the left side, finding the head of Kyle Smith in the box for the game-winner.
- Kyle Smith scored his first goal of the year for the Lions and his second for the Club.
- Alexandre Pato notched his third assist of the season on Smith’s finish.
- Pedro Gallese notched his sixth clean sheet of the campaign.
- The Lions continued their impressive road form in 2022, now holding a record of 3-1-2 through six fixtures away from home.
- Robin Jansson recorded his 100th start as a Lion in the match in what served as his 102nd appearance in all competitions.
- Head Coach Oscar Pareja made four changes to his starting lineup from Tuesday’s Open Cup match with Pedro Gallese, João Moutinho, Ruan and Mauricio Pereyra reentering the fold.